Homes for sale in Minneapolis, MN at a median listing price of $299900. See pricing and listing details of Minneapolis real estate for sale.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Minneapolis Contract For Deed
Minnesota Top Cities
- Apple Valley
- Arden Hills
- Belle Plaine
- Big Lake
- Birchwood Village
- Brooklyn Center
- Brooklyn Park
- Cannon Falls
- Center City
- Chisago City
- Circle Pines
- Clear Lake
- Columbia Heights
- Coon Rapids
- Cottage Grove
- East Bethel
- East Gull Lake
- Eden Prairie
- Elk River
- Falcon Heights
- Forest Lake
- Golden Valley
- Ham Lake
- Inver Grove Heights
- Lake City
- Lake Elmo
- Lino Lakes
- Little Canada
- Maple Grove
- Marine on St. Croix
- Medicine Lake
- Mendota Heights
- Minnetonka Beach
- Moose Lake
- Mounds View
- New Brighton
- New Germany
- New Hope
- New Market
- New Port
- New Prague
- North Branch
- North Oaks
- North St. Paul
- Norwood Young America
- Oak Grove
- Oak Park Heights
- Pine City
- PINE SPRINGS
- Prior Lake
- Rock Creek
- Rush City
- St. Anthony city (Hennepin County)
- St. Anthony city (Stearns County)
- St. Bonifacius
- St. Cloud
- St. Francis
- St. Louis Park
- St. Michael
- St. Paul
- St. Paul Park
- Sauk Centre
- Sauk Rapids
- South Haven
- South St. Paul
- Spring Lake Park
- Sturgeon Lake
- Sunfish Lake
- Taylors Falls
- Tonka Bay
- Vadnais Heights
- West St. Paul
- White Bear Lake
- Willow River
Minneapolis homes for sale
Minneapolis is the county seat of Hennepin County and the larger of the Twin Cities, the 16th-largest metropolitan area in the United States. As of 2017, Minneapolis is the largest city in the state of Minnesota with an estimated population of 422,331.The Twin Cities metropolitan area consists of Minneapolis, its neighbor Saint Paul, and suburbs which altogether contain about 3.6 million people, and is the third-largest economic center in the Midwest.
Minneapolis lies on both banks of the Mississippi River, just north of the river’s confluence with the Minnesota River, and adjoins Saint Paul, the state’s capital.
Minneapolis has one of the largest LGBT populations in the U.S. proportional to its overall population. Noted for its strong music and performing arts scenes, Minneapolis is home to both the award-winning Guthrie Theater and the historic First Avenue nightclub.
Find Minneapolis Real Estate with boardwalkpremierrealty.com we have all types of properties.
Hennepin County Recorders office Information.
Within four months of signing the contract for deed, you must “record” it with the office of the county recorder or registrar of titles in the county in which the property is located. If you do not do so, you could face a fine.
Mortgage registry and deed tax calculator
Mortgage registry tax
Mortgage registry tax (MRT) is paid when recording a mortgage. The rate is 0.0024* of the purchase price (Example: $100,000 X 0.0024 = $240.00 MRT).
If you need to claim an exemption from MRT or document the basis of your tax, use the state’s MRT1 form.
Learn more about MRT at Department of Revenue MRT.
State deed tax
State Deed tax (SDT) is paid when recording an instrument conveying Minnesota real property. The rate is 0.0034* of the purchase price (Example: $100,000 X 0.0034 = $340.00 SDT).
The minimum SDT in Hennepin County is $1.70 for deeds with consideration of $500 or less.
Starting January 1, 2020, the minimum SDT of $1.70 for deeds with consideration changes from $500 or less to $3,000 or less.
If you need to claim an exemption or the minimum tax, use the state’s DT1 form.
Learn more about SDT at Department of Revenue SDT.
* Hennepin County adds an additional .0001 to their MRT and SDT for an environmental response fund per Minnesota Statute 383A.80.
We accept checks made out to Hennepin County Recorder or cash. A single check may be written to cover both the recording fee and the tax. Credit cards are accepted in person at the Government Center.
Abstract or Torrens Memorial
- $46 per document
Additional Torrens Memorial
- $20 per each additional certificate
Assignments, satisfactions, partial releases
- Abstract – $46 per document ($10 additional for each referenced number over the first four)
- Torrens – $46 per document
Common interest community certificate
Condominium, Plats, CIC condominium plats and surveys
- Abstract – $56 minimum for first 112 units ($.50 per each additional unit over 112)
- Torrens – $56 (additional $40 if an old one has to be canceled)
- $5 Minnesota Conservation Fund fee collected on each instrument where state deed tax or mortgage registration tax has been paid
- $20 for each certificate cancelled
- $20 for each new certificate issued
First certificate or possessory title
- $46 pursuant to Section 508.23 or Section 508.671
Residue or additional certificate
- $40 for each residue certificate issued
- $40 for each additional certificate issued
State tax lien
- No charge for recording of lien itself
State tax lien release
Transfer of fee ownership certificate
- $46 for the first certificate cancelled and issued
- $40 for each additional certificate issued
Well disclosure certificate
Extra copies submitted at time of filing
Contract for deeds
- Must include either a well statement signed by the buyer or a WDC and the $50 fee.
- SDT not required on a Contract for Deeds.
- A value of more than $1,000 of consideration must be accompanied by an eCRV (Minnesota Statute 272.115).
* Recommended and prepared in part by the Minnesota County Recorder’s Association. Revised: 08-01-2008
Recorder – Registrar of Titles
Skyway level – Government Center
300 South 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55487-0055
M-F, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Minneapolis, MN Real Estate & Homes for Sale
Homes for Sale in Minneapolis, MN have a median listing price of $299,900 and a price per square foot of $167. There are active homes for sale in Minneapolis, Minnesota, which spend an average of 55 days on the market. Some of the hottest neighborhoods near Minneapolis, MN are Linden Hills, Fulton, Waite Park, Armatage, Audubon Park. You may also be interested in homes for sale in popular zip codes like 55416, 55410, or in neighboring cities, such as Edina, Saint Louis Park, Saint Paul, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park.